|Geha Interchange bus stop bombing|
|Part of the Second Intifada militancy campaign|
|Location||Geha Interchange, Central District, Israel|
December 25, 2003|
Circa 6:30 pm
|Deaths||3 soldiers and 1 civilian (+ 1 bomber)|
|Perpetrators||Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine claimed responsibility|
The Geha Interchange bus stop bombing was a suicide bombing which occurred on December 25, 2003 on a bus stop at the Geha Interchange on the outskirts of Tel Aviv, Israel. Four people were killed in the attack and 16 injured. The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine claimed responsibility for the attack.
On Thursday, around 6:30 pm on December 25, 2003, a Palestinian suicide bomber detonated an explosive device near a bus stop at the Geha Interchange. Three Israeli soldiers and a 19-year old woman were killed in the attack and 16 others were wounded. Two were killed instantly and a third died on the way to the hospital. The fourth victim died in the hospital several hours later.
- Adva Tzippora Fisher, 19, of Kfar Saba
- Cpl. Rotem Weinberger, 19, of Kfar Saba
- Staff Sergeant Noam Leibowitz, 22, of Elkana
- Cpl. Angelina Shcherov, 19, of Kfar Saba
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Palestinian Bomber Kills 4 Near Tel Aviv - New York Daily News". articles.nydailynews.com. 2011. http://articles.nydailynews.com/2003-12-26/news/18246084_1_islamic-jihad-gaza-strip-gaza-city. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- ↑ "Tel Aviv suicide bombing kills four - http://www.theage.com.au". theage.com.au. Melbourne. 2011. http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/12/26/1072308679079.html. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- ↑ "USATODAY.com - Israel targets militants after bombing". USA Today. McLean, VA: Gannett. 26 December 2003. ISSN 0734-7456. http://www.usatoday.com/news/2003-12-26-mideaste_x.htm. Retrieved 18 October 2011.
- ↑ Adva Tzippora Fisher
- ↑ Cpl Rotem Weinberger
- ↑ St-Sgt Noam Leibowitz
- ↑ Cpl Angelina Shcherov
- Four Die In Suicide Bombing At Bus Stop Outside Tel Aviv - published on the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on December 26, 2003
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|