|Part of||2nd Division|
The Australian 11th Brigade is an Australian Army brigade which currently comprises most Australian Army Reserve units located in Queensland. The Brigade was first formed in early 1916 as part of the 3rd Division and saw action during World War I and World War II.
Brigade Structure[edit | edit source]
The Brigade Structure is given below Mallett, Ross (2003). "Third Division". First AIF Order of Battle 1914-1918. http://www.unsw.adfa.edu.au/~rmallett/3rd_Division.html. Retrieved 2008-03-16.
- Headquarters 11th Brigade (HQ 11 Bde)
- 9th Royal Queensland Regiment (9 RQR)
- 25/49th Royal Queensland Regiment (25/49 RQR)
- 31/42nd Royal Queensland Regiment (31/42 RQR)
- Queensland University Regiment (QUR)
- 11th Combat Services Support Battalion (11 CSSB)
- 141 Signals Squadron (141 Sig Sqn)
- 35th Field Squadron (35 Fd Sqn)
Brigade Locations[edit | edit source]
Headquarters 11th Brigade
9th Royal Queensland Regiment
- Bundaberg, Maryborough, Gympie, Yandina, Caboolture, Loganlea, Enoggera
25/49th Royal Queensland Regiment
- Wondai, Dalby, Roma, Toowoomba, Gatton, Warwick, Stanthorpe, Southport, Enoggera
31/42nd Royal Queensland Regiment
- Cairns, Townsville, Ayr, Bowen, Mackay, Rockhampton, Gladstone, Biloela
Queensland University Regiment
- St Lucia (Brisbane), Townsville
11th Combat Services Support Battalion
141 Signals Squadron
35th Field Squadron
- Townsville, Mount Isa, Rockhampton
References[edit | edit source]
- "11th Brigade". Australian War Memorial website. Archived from the original on 8 February 2008. http://web.archive.org/web/20080208100208/http://www.awm.gov.au/units/unit_13060.asp. Retrieved 2008-03-16.
- WO2 McBean, Graham (2007-07-12). "Historic transfer". Army. The Soldiers' Newspaper. http://www.defence.gov.au/news/armynews/editions/1170/topstories/story8.htm. Retrieved 2008-03-16.
- "11th Brigade Official Website". Australian army Website. http://www.defence.gov.au/army/hq11bde/default.asp. Retrieved 2009-08-03.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|