|11th Infantry Division (Philippines)|
|Active||December 18, 2018 – Present|
|Role||Conventional Warfare, Anti-Terrorist Operations|
|Part of||Under the Philippine Army (Since 2018)|
|Commanders||BGen Divino Rey Pabayo AFP|
On 17 December 2018, President Duterte, accompanied by Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana, led the activation of the 11th Infantry ‘Alakdan’ (Scorpion) Division at Kuta Heneral Teofilo Bautista, headquarters of Joint Task Force Sulu in Barangay Bus-Bus, Jolo, Sulu.
Composed of units already present in Sulu working under Joint Task Force Sulu, the various units were formed into a new Division dedicated in fighting the ISIS affiliated terrorist groups in the region.
Area of ResponsibilityEdit
The Division has operational responsibility over the Sulu Archipelago consisting of the provinces of Basilan, Sulu and Tawi-Tawi. The entire region is part of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM).
Official Seal of 11IDEdit
Lineage of Commanding GeneralsEdit
- Brig. Gen. Divino Rey Pabayo AFP (17 December 2018 - to date)
Current units as of December 2018Edit
- 1101st Infantry Brigade (Provisional) - formed from elements of the 101st Infantry Brigade;
* 32nd Infantry "Daredevil" Battalion - reassigned * 35th Infantry "Makamandag" Battalion - reassigned
- 1102nd Infantry Brigade (Provisional) - formed from elements of the 104th Infantry Brigade;
* 18th Infantry "Deo Et Patria" Battalion - reassigned * 64th Infantry "Knights" Battalion - reassigned
- 21st Infantry Battalion - originally with the 501st Infantry Brigade
- 41st Infantry Battalion - originally with the 501st Infantry Brigade
- 66th Infantry Battalion
- 74th Infantry Battalion
- 11th Military Intelligence Battalion - formerly the 11th Military Intelligence Company. 1st Military Intelligence Battalion;
- 15th Civil Military Operations Battalion - formed from existing CMO contingents in Sulu;
- 11th Division Training School (11DTS);
- 11th Services Support Battalion
- 111th Division Reconnaissance Company (111DRC) - formed from the unfilled 12th DRC.
- 11th Signals Battalion - newly activated as of 1 December 2018
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|