|11th Intelligence Squadron|
11th Intelligence Squadron emblem
|Branch||United States Air Force|
|Motto||"Stalk the Enemy"|
|Commanders||LtCol Keith Crawford|
The 11th Intelligence Squadron (11 IS), provides tailored full-motion video processing, exploitation and dissemination for special operations forces engaged in both combat and non-combat operations worldwide.
The squadron was established in August 2006, in order to provide tailored and dedicated intelligence support to special operations forces. It became the first imagery and full-motion video intelligence unit to be specificially assigned to Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC). It is unique among Air Force intelligence squadrons in that it does not report to the Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency (AFISRA).
Rapid growth in special operations missions and in reconnaissance operations in support of the Global War on Terrorism led to the unit becoming one of the fastest growing Air Force units. The unit expanded to include geographically separated units at Fort Bragg, North Carolina and Cannon Air Force Base, New Mexico. In addition, the unit is affiliated with National-Geospatial Intelligence analysts in Washington, D.C. and St. Louis, Missouri.
With the dramatic growth in UAVs and full-motion video capabilities, the 11th Intelligence Squadron is responsible for more than half of all the full-motion video exploited by the U.S. military.
- Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Operation Enduring Freedom - Afghanistan
- Operation Enduring Freedom - Philippines
- Operation Enduring Freedom - Horn of Africa
- Operation Enduring Freedom - Trans-Sahara
- Operation Unified Response
- Hurlburt Field, Florida, 2006–Present
- Fort Bragg, North Carolina, 2006–Present
- Cannon Air Force Base, New Mexico, 2008–2010 (formally called "Det 2" was stood down and replaced by the 56th IS)
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, District of Columbia, 2006–Present
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, Missouri, 2008–Present
- ↑ http://www.afsoc.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123106733. "11th Intelligence Squadron Earns AF-level outstanding unit of the year award."
- ↑ http://www2.afsoc.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123024997. "New Hurlburt intel squadron turns its aerial eye on terrorists."
- ↑ http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2008/08/airforce_intel_jobs_081808/. "More ISR intel analysts needed." AIr Force Times.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|