|11th Mississippi Cavalry Regiment|
|Branch||Confederate States Army|
|Part of||Ferguson's Brigade|
|Battles|| American Civil War|
The 11th Mississippi Cavalry Regiment (also known as "Perrin's regiment") was a cavalry formation in the Western Theater of the American Civil War, and was successively commanded by Colonel Robert O. Perrin and Lieutenant-Colonel Henry L. Muldrow.
The regiment was organized and mustered into Confederate service on October 6, 1863, in North and Middle Mississippi from new and existing companies of mounted men as Perrin's Battalion of Mississippi Cavalry. It was expanded, reorganized, and redesignated on December 23, 1863, as Perrin's Regiment of Mississippi Cavalry. Perrin's regiment was redesignated on March 20, 1865, as the 11th Mississippi Cavalry Regiment. It was disbanded in May 1865.
Regimental order of battleEdit
Units of Perrin's regiment included:
- Company A
- Company B
- Company C
- Company D
- Company E
- Company F
- Company G
- Company H
- Company I (Barksdale Avengers)
- Company K
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Rowland, Dunbar (1978). Military History of Mississippi, 1803-1898. Spartanburg, South Carolina: The Reprint Company. pp. 422–424, 538. ISBN 978-0-87152-266-5. LCCN 78-2454. OCLC 3706088. OL8348111M.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Estes, Claud (1912). List of Field Officers, Regiments and Battalions in the Confederate States Army, 1861-1865. Macon, Georgia: J. W. Burke Company. p. 32. LCCN 26020215. OCLC 1728286. OL6694735M. https://archive.org/stream/listoffieldoffic00este#page/32/mode/2up.
- ↑ Lipscomb, Dr. W. L. (1909). Young, Mrs. Georgia P.. ed. A History of Columbus, Mississippi, During the 19th Century. Birmingham, Ala.: Press of Dispatch Printing Co.. p. 163. LCCN 16025391. OCLC 1738745. OL6592630M. https://archive.org/stream/historyofcolumbu00lips_0#page/n241/mode/2up.
- Campbell, W. A. (December 1920). "Humors of the March". In Cunningham, S. A.. Nashville, Tenn.: S. A. Cunningham. p. 216. OCLC 1564663. https://archive.org/stream/confederateveter01conf.
- Douglas, G. M. (December 1920). "A Skirmish at Lost Mountain". In Cunningham, S. A.. Nashville, Tenn.: S. A. Cunningham. p. 452. OCLC 1564663. https://archive.org/stream/confederateveter2819conf.
- Lee, Stephen D. (1909). "The War in Mississippi After the Fall of Vicksburg, July 4, 1863". In Riley, Franklin L.. Oxford, Mississippi: Mississippi Historical Society. pp. 47–62. ISSN 0885-792X. LCCN 10020861. OL22890925M. https://archive.org/stream/publicationsofmi10miss.
- Roby, William A. (October 1908). "Scouting in Georgia". In Cunningham, S. A.. Nashville, Tenn.: S. A. Cunningham. pp. 519–520. OCLC 1564663. https://archive.org/stream/confederateveter1619conf.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|