|149th Ohio Infantry|
|Active||May 8, 1864 to August 30, 1864|
|Battles||Battle of Monocacy (7 companies)|
The 149th Ohio Infantry was organized at Camp Dennison near Cincinnati, Ohio and mustered in as an Ohio National Guard unit for 100 days service on May 8, 1864 under the command of Colonel Allison L. Brown.
The regiment was attached to Defenses of Baltimore, VIII Corps, Middle Department, to July 1864. 1st Separate Brigade, VIII Corps, to July 1864. Kenly's Independent Brigade, VIII Corps, to August 1864.
The 149th Ohio Infantry mustered out of service at Camp Dennison on August 30, 1864.
Left Ohio for Baltimore, Md., May 11. Duty in the Defenses of Baltimore, and at different points on the eastern shore of Maryland until July 4. Moved to Monocacy Junction July 4. Battle of Monocacy Junction July 9. Moved to Washington, D.C., July 13. Advance to Snicker's Gap, Va., July 13–20. Operations in the Shenandoah Valley July 20-August 23. Action with Mosby at Berryville August 13.
The regiment lost a total of 42 men during service; 4 enlisted men killed or mortally wounded, 38 enlisted men died of disease.
- Colonel Allison L. Brown
- Dyer, Frederick H. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion (Des Moines, IA: Dyer Pub. Co.), 1908.
- Ohio Roster Commission. Official Roster of the Soldiers of the State of Ohio in the War on the Rebellion, 1861–1865, Compiled Under the Direction of the Roster Commission Akron, OH: Werner Co.), 1886-1895.
- Perkins, George. A Summer in Maryland and Virginia; Or, Campaigning with the 149th Ohio Volunteer Infantry, a Sketch of Events Connected with the Service of the Regiment in Maryland and the Shenandoah Valley, Virginia (Chillicothe, OH: The Sholl Printing Company), 1911.
- Reid, Whitelaw. Ohio in the War: Her Statesmen, Her Generals, and Soldiers (Cincinnati, OH: Moore, Wilstach, & Baldwin), 1868. ISBN 9781154801965
- This article contains text from a text now in the public domain: Dyer, Frederick H. (1908). A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. Des Moines, IA: Dyer Publishing Co.
- Ohio in the Civil War: 149th Ohio Volunteer Infantry by Larry Stevens
- National flag of the 149th Ohio Infantry
- Regimental flag of the 149th Ohio Infantry
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|