|14th Brigade (Japan)|
14th Brigade Distinctive Unit Insignia
|Branch||Japan Ground Self-Defense Force|
|Active||27 March 2006 - present|
|Part of||Central Army|
|Commanders||Maj. Gen. Takeshi Inoue|
The 14th Brigade (第14旅団) is one of six active brigades of the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force. The brigade is subordinated to the Central Army and is headquartered in Zentsūji, Kagawa. Its responsibility is the defense of Shikoku.
The brigade was formed on 27 March 2006 with units from the disbanded 2nd Combined Brigade.
- 14th Brigade, in Zentsūji
- 14th Brigade HQ, in Zentsūji
- 14th Tank Company, in Nagi
- 15th Infantry Regiment note 1, in Zentsūji
- 50th Infantry Regiment, in Kōnan
- 14th Artillery Battalion, in Matsuyama, with three batteries of FH-70 155mm towed howitzers
- 14th Reconnaissance Company, in Zentsūji, with Type 87 armored reconnaissance vehicle
- 14th Anti-Aircraft Artillery Company, in Matsuyama
- 14th Combat Engineer Company, in Kōnan
- 14th Signal Company, in Zentsūji
- 14th Aviation Squadron, in Kōnan, flying UH-1J and OH-6D helicopters
- 14th Logistic Support Battalion, in Zentsūji
note 1: Infantry Regiments have only battalion strength.
- Homepage 14th Brigade (Japanese)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|