The Fourteenth Fighter Division (Chinese 第14歼击机师) is a Fighter aircraft unit of the Chinese People's Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF). It was formed in February 1951 at Beijing Nanyuan Airport from elements of the disbanding 95th Division. Stationed at Nanchang, Jiangxi. The division fought in Korea, as a mixed MiG-9/MiG-15 fighter unit. Started its second combat tour in April 1953 and ceased combat in July 1953. It appears that in September 1992 the 146th Regiment of the disbanding 49th Air Division may have become the 42nd Regiment.
The 14th Fighter Division is composed of: (Scra,ble nl )
- 40th Regiment Nanchang/Xiangtang (J11; Su-27UBK)
- 41st Regiment Wuyishan
- 42nd Regiment Zhangshu (J7E)
References[edit | edit source]
- Appendix G, "Origins of PLAAF MRAFs, Air Corps, Command Posts, Bases, Air Divisions, and Independent Regiments," Ken Allen, Chapter 9, "PLA Air Force Organization", The PLA as Organization, ed. James C. Mulvenon and Andrew N.D. Yang (Santa Monica, CA: RAND, 2002); 450.
- Zhang, Xiao Ming (2004). "Red Wings Over the Yalu: China, the Soviet Union, and the Air War in Korea". College Station, TX: Texas A&M University Press. ISBN 1-58544-201-1.
- Zhang 2004, p. 225.
- "Orbats - Scramble". http://www.scramble.nl/orbats/china/airforce.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|