The 14th Murray's Jat Lancers, was a cavalry regiment of the British Indian Army. The regiment was first raised for the East India Company by Captain Murray. Like all regiments of the Indian Army the 14th Murray’s Jat Lancers underwent many name changes in the various reorganisations. They are listed below. The regiment was merged in 1922 with the 15th Lancers (Cureton's Multanis) to form the 20th Lancers which was transferred to India after partition in 1947.
- 1857 The Jat Horse Yeomanry
- 1859 Murray’s Jat Horse
- 1861 14th Regiment of Bengal Cavalry
- 1864 14th Bengal Cavalry (Lancers)
- 1874 14th Bengal Lancers
- 1901 14th Bengal Lancers (Murray’s Jat Horse)
- 1903 14th Murray’s Jat Lancers
See also[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Chris. Kempton: A Register of Titles of the Units of the H.E.I.C. & Indian Armies 1666-1947
- John Gaylor: Sons of John Company: The Indian and Pakistan Armies 1903- 1991.
- Woodward & Van Slyke: The Times History of the War: The Battlefield of Europe.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|