ZUZANA - 155 mm Self-propelled Gun Howitzer is a modern Slovak artillery system with a 45-caliber gun and automatic loader for loading of both, a projectile and charge. It is an evolution of the DANA 152mm self-propelled howitzer.
The system features long range, high accuracy and rate of fire, prompt preparation for firing and high level of mobility ensured by a modified TATRA 8x8 chassis. Design of the gun enables to use any NATO standard 155mm ammunition available on the market. The Fire Control System enables for a Multiple Round Simultaneous Impact (MRSI) mode. One of the unique features of ZUZANA is that the gun is mounted externally in between two totally separated compartments of the turret. This makes the crew inherently safe from any potentially dangerous mechanics of the gun and autoloader plus the crew is protected from the gases generated during firing.
155 mm ShKH Zuzana
The original wheeled version adopted by the Slovak Army in 1998.
155 mm ShKH Zuzana 2
Updated version with a new 52-calibre gun, full 360-degree turret traverse, a new armored cab and further reduced crew of 3 enabled by automation. It has passed Slovak Army trials in December 2009.
The new version is claimed to possess Multiple Rounds Simultaneous Impact (MRSI) capability.
155 mm ShKH Himalaya
1990's adaptation of the original system to a tracked chassis required by export customers. It is essentially a Zuzana turret mounted on a T-72 chassis. The tracked version so far did not achieve orders beyond initial evaluation units and further production is unlikely.
|Caliber:||155 mm (6.10 in)|
|Barrel length:||45 cal (52 in Zuzana 2)|
|Number of ammunition carried:||40 projectiles/40 charges|
|Maximum range:||39.6 km (25 mi)|
|Minimum range:||5.6 km (3.47 mi)|
|Rate of fire:||6 rounds per min.|
|Sustained rate of fire:||5 rounds per min.|
|Loading of projectiles and charges:||fully automatic|
|Turret traverse:||±60°(360° for Zuzana 2)|
|Crew:||4 (3 in Zuzana 2)|
|Chassis:||modified TATRA 8x8|
|Vehicle length:||12.97 meters (42.5 ft)|
|Vehicle width:||3,015 mm (9.89 ft)|
|Total height:||3,300 mm (10.82 ft)|
|Total weight of the system:||28,450 kg (62,721 lbs)|
|Maximum speed:||80+ km/h (50+ mph)|
|Maximum road range:||750 km (466 mi)|
|Overcoming of obstacles:|
|Trench:||2000 mm (6.56 ft)|
|Vertical step:||600 mm (1.96 ft)|
|Fording:||1400 mm (4.59 ft)|
- 152mm SpGH DANA
- BRAMS self-propelled anti-aircraft system based on the same chassis
- List of artillery
- Roman Kment, 2010, 155 mm ShKH Zuzana 2. Obrana, XVIII, 5, s. 28-29 (Slovak)
- "ZUZANA - 155 mm Self-propelled Gun Howitzer". kotadef.sk. Archived from the original on 27 October 2007. http://web.archive.org/web/20071027100926/http://www.kotadef.sk/uk_04_04.html. Retrieved December 12, 2007.
- "HIMALAYA - 155 mm Self-propelled Gun Howitzer". kotadef.sk. Archived from the original on 27 October 2007. http://web.archive.org/web/20071027100921/http://www.kotadef.sk/uk_04_02.html. Retrieved December 12, 2007.
- "ZUZANA MV - Ammunition Re-supply Vehicle". kotadef.sk. http://www.kotadef.sk/uk_04_07.html. Retrieved December 12, 2007.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|