158 (Royal Anglian) Transport Regiment, is a Territorial Army regiment of the Royal Logistic Corps, British Army. The Regiments role is to provide logistical support to the Regular Army as well as providing soldiers when required. The Regiment is currently formed of 4 squadrons, 200 in Peterborough, 201 in Bedford, 202 in Ipswich and 203 in Loughborough.
History[edit | edit source]
The regiment was formed in 1996 by converting two companies of the 5th Battalion, one company of the 6th Battalion and one company of the 7th Battalion, The Royal Anglian Regiment from the infantry to transport role. The Regiment Retains the Royal Anglian Khaki beret and for a while also wore the Royal Anglians "Minden Flash", later replaced by the Royal Logistic Corps's Tactical Recognition Flash (TRF).
Squadrons[edit | edit source]
- 200 (Peterborough) HQ Squadron
- 201 (Bedford) Squadron
- 202 (Ipswich) Squadron
- 203 (Loughborough) Squadron
Honorary Colonels[edit | edit source]
The following is a list of the Honorary Colonels of the Regiment:
- Lady Victoria Leatham DL (1996 to 5 April 2003)
- Vacant (5 April 2003 to 1 November 2003)
- Major General (now General) Sir Nick Houghton (1 November 2003 to 1 September 2008)
- Major General David John Shouesmith (1 September 2008 to present)
References[edit | edit source]
- "The Lady Victoria Leatham, DL". Debrett's. http://www.debretts.com/people/biographies/browse/l/1173/Victoria+Diana.aspx. Retrieved 7 July 2012.
- The London Gazette: . 7 October 2003. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- The London Gazette: . 25 November 2003. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- The London Gazette: . 7 October 2008. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|