|145th Division (1948–52)|
219th Infantry Division (1952–60)
219th Army Division (1960–70)
164th Army Division (1970–1985)
164th Infantry Division (1985–98)
164th Marine Brigade (1998–)
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Branch||People's Liberation Army, People's Liberation Army Marine Corps|
|Part of||South Sea Fleet|
|Engagements||Chinese Civil War, Sino-Vietnamese War|
The 145th Division was created in November 1948 under the Regulation of the Redesignations of All Organizations and Units of the Army, issued by Central Military Commission on November 1, 1948, basing on the 34th Division, 12th Column of the PLA Northeastern Field Army. Its history can be traced to Eastern Harbin Security Command, formed in September 1945.
In April 1952 the division absorbed the disbanding 219th Division (former a part of People's Liberation Army of the Nationalist Party of China), and renamed as 219th Infantry Division. The division was then transferred to 55th Corps' control.
As of late 1952 the division was composed of:
- 655th Infantry Regiment;
- 656th Infantry Regiment;
- 657th Infantry Regiment;
- 545th Artillery Regiment.
In 1960 the division renamed as 219th Army Division.
In January 1970 the division was renamed as 164th Army Division. All its regiments were renamed as follows:
- 490th Infantry Regiment (former 655th);
- 491st Infantry Regiment (former 656th);
- 492nd Infantry Regiment (former 657th);
- Artillery Regiment (former 545th).
In October 1985 the division renamed as 164th Infantry Division and transferred to 41st Army's control following 55th Army Corps' disbandment.
From 1985 to 1998 it maintained as a Southern Infantry Division, Catalogue B.
- Amphibious Armored Regiment;
- Tank Battalion;
- Amphibious Assault Battalion;
- Amphibious Reconnaissance Group;
- 1st Marine Battalion;
- 2nd Marine Battalion;
- 3rd Marine Battalion;
- Artillery Battalion;
- Missile Battalion – one MANPADS battery and one ATGM battery;
- Security-Communication Battalion;
- Engineer-NBC Battalion;
- Maintenance Battalion;
- Independent companies and detachments: Diving Company, Automobile Company, Medical Company, Training Team, Amphibious Reconnaissance Detachment, Helicopter Detachment.
References[edit | edit source]
- 《中央军委关于统一全军组织及部队番号的规定》, http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_7254c7350100xb56.html
- 海军南海舰队陆战1旅编制, http://www.360doc.com/content/14/1101/19/18814127_421741107.shtml
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|