|16th Marine Regiment|
|Active||December 1943 - May 1944|
|Allegiance||United States of America|
|Branch||United States Marine Corps|
|Part of||5th Marine Division|
|Engagements||World War II|
The 16th Marine Regiment was an engineer regiment of the United States Marine Corps subordinate to the 5th Marine Division. While its subordinate battalions went to the Pacific Theater as part of the 5th Marine Division, the Regimental headquarters was disbanded while still in the United States.
The regiment comprised two battalions and a headquarters and service company:
- 1st Battalion, 16th Marines, later 5th Engineer Battalion
- 2nd Battalion, 16th Marines
The 1st Battalion was an engineer battalion and the 2nd was a pioneer battalion.
World War II
16th Marines was disbanded before 5th Marine Division deployed overseas.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.|
- History of the United States Marine Corps
- List of United States Marine Corps regiments
- Organization of the United States Marine Corps
- Rottman, Gordon L. (2002). U.S. Marine Corps World War II Order of Battle - Ground and Air Units in the Pacific War, 1939 - 1945.’’. Greenwood Press. ISBN 0-313-31906-5.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|