|18th Marine Regiment|
|Active||18 September 1942 - 16 August 1944|
|Branch||United States Marine Corps|
|Part of||2nd Marine Division|
World War II|
* Battle of Tarawa
* Battle of Tinian
* Battle of Saipan
The 18th Marine Regiment was an engineer regiment of the United States Marine Corps subordinate to the 2nd Marine Division. It was disbanded during the war, with the 1st and 2nd battalions remaining in the Division.
The regiment consisted of three battalions and a headquarters and service company:
- 1st Battalion, 18th Marines, now 2nd Combat Engineer Battalion
- 2nd Battalion, 18th Marines
- 3rd Battalion, 18th Marines, now NMCB 18
The 1st Battalion was an engineer battalion, the 2nd was a pioneer battalion and the 3rd a Naval Construction Battalion.
World War IIEdit
18th Marines participated in actions at Tarawa, Tinian and Saipan.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.|
- History of the United States Marine Corps
- List of United States Marine Corps regiments
- Organization of the United States Marine Corps
- Rottman, Gordon L. (2002). U.S. Marine Corps World War II Order of Battle - Ground and Air Units in the Pacific War, 1939 - 1945.’’. Greenwood Press. ISBN 0-313-31906-5.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|