|199th Motor Rifle Division|
The division was formed in January 1970 in Krasny Kut, Primorskye Krai. It was subordinated to the 5th Red Banner Army. During the Cold War, the division was maintained at 70% strength. On 1 October 1989, it became the 5506th Weapons and Equipment Storage Base.
In 1988, the division included the following units. All units were based at Krasny Kut unless noted.
- 526th Motorized Rifle Regiment
- 594th Motorized Rifle Regiment
- 610th Motorized Rifle Regiment (Spassk-Dalny)
- 71st Tank Regiment
- 2183rd Artillery Regiment (Spassk-Dalnyy)
- 426th Anti-Aircraft Missile Regiment
- Separate Missile Battalion
- Separate Anti-Tank Artillery Battalion
- Separate Reconnaissance Battalion
- Separate Engineer-Sapper Battalion
- 1059th Separate Communications Battalion
- Separate Chemical Defence Company
- Separate Equipment Maintenance and Recovery Battalion
- 365th Separate Medical Battalion
- Separate Material Supply Battalion
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Holm, Michael. "199th Motorised Rifle Division". http://www.ww2.dk/new/army/msd/199msd.htm.
- ↑ Feskov et al 2013, p. 589
- Feskov, V.I.; Golikov, V.I.; Kalashnikov, K.A.; Slugin, S.A. (2013) (in Russian). Вооруженные силы СССР после Второй Мировой войны: от Красной Армии к Советской. Tomsk: Scientific and Technical Literature Publishing. ISBN 9785895035306.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|