|1re Brigade Mécanisée|
[[File:|240x240px|frameless}}|Insignia of the 1st Mechanised Brigade|alt=]]|
Insignia of the 1st Mechanised Brigade
|Motto(s)||Nomine et virtute prima ("First in name and in spirit")|
The 1st Mechanised Brigade (French language: 1re Brigade Mécanisée, 1re BM) is a mechanised unit of the French Army. The brigade is heir to the honours and traditions of the 1st Armoured Division, created during World War II.
History[edit | edit source]
The 1st Armoured Division was dissolved with the reorganisation of the French Army in 1999, and the dissolution of the French Forces in Germany. The division’s honours and traditions are carried on with the formation of the 1st Mechanised Brigade in Châlons-en-Champagne. The brigade took part in the Operation Trident in Kosovo in 1999.
Organization[edit | edit source]
The brigade consists of around 5700 personnel in 6 regiments and 3 brigade units.
- 1er Régiment de Spahis – wheeled armored regiment in Valence with AMX 10 RC and ERC 90
- 1er Régiment de Tirailleurs (1er RTir) – infantry regiment in Epinal with VBCI
- 1er Régiment d'Infanterie (1er RI) – infantry regiment in Sarrebourg with VAB
- 1er Régiment d'Artillerie de Marine (1er RAMa) – self-propelled marine artillery regiment in Laon with 12x CAESAR self-propelled howitzers and 16x 120mm RTF1 mortars
- 402e Régiment d'artillerie (402e RA) – artillery regiment in Châlons-en-Champagne
- 3e Régiment du Génie (3e RG) – engineer regiment in Charleville-Mézières
- 1re Compagnie de Commandement et de Transmissions (1re CCT) – command and signals company in Châlons-en-Champagne with VAB
- Escadron d'éclairage et d'investigation – brigade reconnaissance squadron
- Batterie de renseignement brigade
Notes[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Official site (French) – 1er BM
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|