Dassault Falcon 50m similar to that flown by the squadron
|Active||8 May 1941 - Present|
|Branch||South African Air Force|
|Role||VIP Transport Sqn|
|Squadron Crest||File:21 Squadron SAAF Crest.png|
- Motto: Onoorwinklik (Unbeatable)
- First formed: 8 May 1941 (At Nakuru, Kenya.)
From November 1943 to February 1944 21st Squadron was based at Totorella in the province of Foggia, Italy. Baltimore, Anson and DC3 planes were flown on bombing raids mainly over central Italy and into Yugoslavia. On 21 February 1944 the squadron moved from Tortorella to Campmarino south east of Termoli where bombing continued, mainly of railways and marshalling yards.
- Historic aircraft flown: A-22 Maryland, Martin Baltimore, Marauder, Lockheed Ventura, Vickers Viscount, Dakota, Hawker Siddeley HS-125, Swearingen Merlin IVA, Beech King Air 200C.
- Current aircraft flown: Dassault Falcon 50, Cessna Citation I, Dassault Falcon 900, Boeing BBJ (the last being the aircraft of the President of South Africa and having the registration ZS-RSA).
- Current base: AFB Waterkloof, Pretoria.
References[edit | edit source]
- Logbook of Lt E.E. Kirby, SAAF
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|