|21st U-boat Flotilla|
|Engagements||World War II|
21st U-boat Flotilla ("21. Unterseebootsflottille") was a unit of the German Kriegsmarine before and during World War II. It was formed in 1935 as a Schulverband ("School Unit") based at Kiel under the command of Kapitän zur See Kurt Slevogt (Chef des Schulverbandes).
In June 1940 it was redesignated 21. Unterseebootsflottille, and in July 1941 the flotilla moved bases to Pillau. The flotilla was disbanded in March 1945.
Flotilla commanders[edit | edit source]
- Kapitän zur See Kurt Slevogt (1935—1937)
- Kapitänleutnant Heinz Beduhn (November 1937—March 1940)
- Korvettenkapitän Paul Büchel (March 1940—June 1943)
- Korvettenkapitän Otto Schuhart (June 1943—September 1944)
- Kapitänleutnant Herwig Collmann (September 1944—March 1945)
Assigned U-boats[edit | edit source]
Fifty-one U-boats were assigned to this flotilla during its service.
References[edit | edit source]
- "uboat.net - Boats - Flotillas - 2nd Flotilla". uboat.net. Archived from the original on 6 March 2010. http://web.archive.org/web/20100306033127/http://www.uboat.net/flotillas/21flo.htm. Retrieved 12 February 2010.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|