|29th Arkansas Infantry (Confederate)|
Arkansas state flag
|Country||Confederate States of America|
|Engagements||American Civil War|
|Arkansas Confederate Infantry Regiments|
|28th Arkansas Infantry Regiment||30th Arkansas Infantry Regiment|
The 29th Arkansas Infantry (1862–1865) was a Confederate Army infantry regiment during the American Civil War. The unit was later redesignated as the 37th Arkansas Infantry Regiment and the 1st Trans-Mississippi Infantry Regiment.
The 29th Arkansas Infantry Regiment was organized in Pope County by individual companies during March through June 1862 and organized as the 29th Arkansas Infantry Regiment upon its acceptance into Confederate service on June 6, 1862 under the command of Colonel Joseph C. Pleasants. The unit was occasionally known as the 1st Trans-Mississippi Infantry. The unit was renamed the 37th Arkansas Infantry Regiment during the reorganization of the 1st Corps, Army of the Trans-Mississippi, following the Battle of Prairie Grove.
- National Park Service, Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, Confederate Arkansas Troops, 25th Regiment, Arkansas Infantry. Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- Sikakis, Stewart, Compendium of the Confederate Armies, Florida and Arkansas, Facts on File, Inc., 1992, ISBN 0-8160-2288-7, page 113 and 119
- Christmas, Bart B., "Company G, 37th Arkansas Infantry", Generations, Accessed 9 August 2011, http://bartchristmas.blogspot.com/2010/08/taylor-csa-company-g-29th-arkansas.html
- Edward G. Gerdes Civil War Home Page
- The Encyclopedia of Arkansas History and Culture
- The War of the Rebellion: a Compilation of the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies
- The Arkansas History Commission, State Archives, Civil War in Arkansas
- This article incorporates public domain material from the United States Government document "Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, National Park Service".
- List of Arkansas Civil War Confederate units
- Lists of American Civil War Regiments by State
- Confederate Units by State
- Arkansas in the American Civil War
- Arkansas Militia in the Civil War
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|