|29th Engineer Battalion|
[[File:200px|240x240px|frameless}}|Current badge of the battalion|alt=]]|
Current badge of the battalion
United States Army|
*Corps of Engineers
|Type||Brigade support engineers|
|Role||Engineer support to brigade operations|
|Part of||3rd Stryker Combat Brigade, 25th Infantry Division|
|Garrison/HQ||Schofield Barracks, Hawaii|
World War I|
World War II
The 29th Engineer Battalion is a military engineering battalion of the United States Army currently serving under the 3rd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division and based at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii.
The current organization of the battalion is as follows;
- 29th Engineer Battalion Headquarters and Headquarters Company "Titans"
- A Company
- B Company "Banshees"
- C Company
- D Company
- E Company "Enforcers"
- H Company "Hydra"
- Sapper Company
- Constituted 18 May 1917 in the National Army as the 29th Engineer Regiment
- Reconstituted 14 July 1923 in the Regular Army as the 29th Engineer Battalion; concurrently consolidated with the 17th Engineer Battalion (activated 19 September 1921 at Camp Humphreys, Virginia) and consolidated unit designated as the 29th Engineer Battalion
- Redesignated 7 November 1941 as the 29th (Topographic) Engineer Battalion
- Headquarters, Headquarters and Service Company, 29th Engineer Topographic Battalion, reorganized and redesignated 20 June 1944 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 29th Engineer Base Topographic Battalion (remainder of battalion -- hereafter separate lineage)
- Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 29th Engineer Base Topographic Battalion, redesignated 15 January 1953 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 29th Engineer Battalion
- Redesignated 22 March 1954 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 29th Engineer Battalion
- Redesignated 15 August 1980 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 29th Engineer Battalion, and activated at Fort Shafter, Hawaii
- Inactivated 16 October 2007 at Fort Shafter, Hawaii
- Assigned 16 October 2014 to the 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division, and activated at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii (lettered companies concurrently constituted and activated)
Campaign Participation Credit
- World War I: Streamer without inscription
- World War II: Asiatic-Pacific Theatre, Streamer without inscription
- Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), Streamer embroidered PACIFIC AREA 1967-1968
- Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), Streamer embroidered PACIFIC AREA 1968-1972
- This article incorporates public domain material from the United States Army Center of Military History document "Department of the Army, Lineage and Honors, 29th Engineer Battalion (Wayfinders)" by By Order of the Secretary of the Army: Richard W Stewart, PH.D. Chief of Military History. Retrieved on 4 December 2019.