|2e Brigade Blindée|
Badge of the 2nd DB, ancestor to the 2nd BB
|Active||c.1970, 1999 –|
|Part of||Commandement des Forces Terrestres|
|Motto(s)||Ne me dites pas que c'est impossible ! ("Do not tell me it is impossible!")|
The 2nd Armoured Brigade (French language: 2e Brigade Blindée, 2e BB) is an armoured brigade of the French Army. It is heir to the honours and traditions of the 2nd Armoured Division commanded by Philippe Leclerc de Hauteclocque.
In 1970 the 2nd Armoured Brigade at Saint-Germain-en-Laye was part of the 8th Armoured Division, headquartered at Compiègne, alongside two mechanised brigades. In 1977 the 2nd Armoured Brigade appears to have been disbanded, and the 2nd Armoured Division reformed.
The reorganisation of the French Army in 1999 transformed the 2nd Armoured Division to the 2nd Armoured Brigade.
The brigade consists of 6 regiments with a total of around 6200 personnel.
- 12e Régiment de Cuirassiers (12e RC) – armoured cavalry regiment in Olivet with 60 Leclerc
- 501e Régiment de Chars de Combat (501e RCC) – armoured regiment in Mourmelon-le-Grand with 60 Leclerc
- Régiment de marche du Tchad (RMT) – mechanized marine infantry regiment in Meyenheim with VBCI
- 16e Bataillon de Chasseurs (16e BC) – mechanized infantry battalion in Bitche with VBCI
- 40e Régiment d'Artillerie (40e RA) – self-propelled howitzer regiment in Suippes with 32 AMX 30 AuF1 and 12 120mm mortars
- 13e Régiment du Génie (13e RG) – engineer regiment in Valdahon
- 2e Compagnie de Commandement et de Transmissions (2e CCT) – command and signals company in Illkirch-Graffenstaden with VAB
- Escadron d'éclairage et d'investigation de la 2e Brigade blindée (EEI 2 – 2e BB) – brigade reconnaissance squadron in Orléans with VBL
- Orbat.com, French Army 1970–96. Retrieved May 2010
- "2e brigade blindée". French government. http://www.defense.gouv.fr/terre/presentation/organisation-des-forces/brigades/2e-brigade-blindee. Retrieved 17-02-=2012.
- Official site (French) – 2e BB
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|