|2nd Aviation Regiment|
coat of arms
|Part of||2nd Infantry Division|
|Colors||Ultramarine Blue, Golden orange|
|Distinctive Unit Insignia|
The 2nd Aviation Regiment is an aviation regiment of the U.S. Army.
The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 2d Aviation Battalion on 5 August 1963. It was redesignated for the 2d Aviation Regiment and amended to update the symbolism on 8 December 1988.
Current configuration[edit | edit source]
- HHC, Combat Aviation Brigade, 2d Infantry Division ("Talon")
- 1st Battalion (Attack), 2d Aviation Regiment ("Gunfighters" / "Strike Deep")
- 2d Battalion (Assault), 2d Aviation Regiment ("Wild Cards" / "Above the Best")
- 3d Battalion (General Support), 2d Aviation Regiment ("Nightmare") (GSAB)
- 4th Battalion (Attack), 2d Aviation Regiment ("Death Dealers" / "Shoot to Kill")
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Historical register and dictionary of the United States Army, from ..., Volume 1 By Francis Bernard Heitman 
- Encyclopedia of United States Army insignia and uniforms By William K. Emerson (page 51).
[edit | edit source]
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|