|369th Signal Battalion|
369th Signal Battalion Coat of Arms
|Active||1944 – Present|
|Part of||15th Signal Brigade|
|Motto(s)||Quality All Ways|
|LTC Curtis Iden|
|Command Sergeant Major||CSM Anthony Harris|
|Distinctive Unit Insignia|
The 369th Signal Battalion is a United States Army Signal Battalion. It is organized under the 15th Regimental Signal Brigade at Fort Gordon, GA. As a US Army Training and Doctrine Command unit, it serves as one of two battalions which provide Advanced Individual Training (AIT) to United States Army Signal Corps recruits.
Constituted 10 October 1944 in the Army of the United States as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 3369th Signal Service Battalion
Activated 9 November 1944 in Alaska
Inactivated 11 March 1947 in Alaska
Redesignated 15 June 1969 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 369th Signal Battalion, allotted to the Regular Army, and activated in Vietnam
Inactivated 30 June 1971 in Vietnam
Headquarters transferred 23 September 1986 to the United States Army Training and Doctrine Command and activated at Fort Gordon, Georgia
Campaign Participation Credit
- World War II: Asiatic-Pacific Theater, Streamer without inscription
- Vietnam: Summer-Fall 1969; Winter-Spring 1970; Sanctuary Counteroffensive; Counteroffensive, Phase VII
- Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army) for ASIATIC-PACIFIC THEATER
- Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army) for VIETNAM 1968–1970
- Company A additionally entitled to:
- Army Superior Unit Award for 1999–2000
Organization & Current Mission
The current mission of the 369th Signal Battalion is to "Transform Soldiers into technically and tactically competent Warriors who live by the Soldier’s Creed, understand the importance of teamwork and are prepared, confident, and disciplined to take their place in the ranks of the Army."
- Headquarters & A Company (Alpha Spartans)
- B Company (Bravo Braves)
- 25C Radio Operator-Maintainer
- 25L Cable Systems Installer-Maintainer
- C Company (Charlie Rock)
- 25F Network Switching System Operator/Maintainer
- 25P Microwave Systems Operator/Maintainer
- 25Q Multichannel Transmission Systems Operator-Maintainer
- D Company (Delta Dawgs)
- E Company (Echo Wolfpack)
This article incorporates public domain material from the United States Army Institute of Heraldry document "Heraldry, 369th Signal Battalion". Retrieved on 2014-11-17.
This article incorporates public domain material from the United States Army Center of Military History document "Lineage And Honors, 369th Signal Battalion". Retrieved on 2014-11-17.
"369th Signal Battalion Homepage". http://www.signal.army.mil/index.php/15th-battalions/369th-signal-battalion. Retrieved 2014-11-14.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|