|43 Gemechaniseerde Brigade|
|Active||July 1949 - present|
|Allegiance||HM The Queen|
|Branch||Royal Netherlands Army|
|Size||3000 military personnel|
|Colors||Red & Blue|
|Engagements||War in Afghanistan|
|B.gen. Hans van der Louw|
The 43 Gemechaniseerde Brigade is one of the three brigades of the Royal Netherlands Army. The others being the 13 Motorized Brigade and 11 Luchtmobiele Brigade. The brigade has armored and non-armored vehicles to its disposal. The brigade can be used for combat operations, peace keeping and ceremonial tasks.
Units[edit | edit source]
The 43 mechanized Brigade is made up by the following units:
- 43rd Staff Company
- 44th Mechanized Infantry Battalion "Johan Willem Friso"
- 45th Mechanized Infantry Battalion "Oranje Gelderland"
- 43rd Reconnaissance Squadron "Huzaren van Boreel"
- 11th Armored Engineer Battalion
- 43rd Maintenance Company
- 43rd Medical Company
Equipment[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- The 43rd Gemechaniseerde Brigade at the Netherlands Ministry of Defence 
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|