|4th (V) Battalion, The Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment|
|Role||Reserve support to regular counterparts|
|Part of||7th Infantry Brigade and Headquarters East|
|Battalion HQ||Redhill, Surrey|
History[edit | edit source]
In 2015 following that years Army 2020 Refine announcement, the British Army was tasked to raise three new infantry battalions (code names); 4 PWRR (V), 8 RIFLES (V), and 3 RGR. Of these new battalions, the 4th (V) Battalion, The Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment (V) was formed with the movement of two former companies of The London Regiment and 3 PWRR, the other volunteer battalion of the PWRR.
- Battalion Headquarters, Redhill, Surrey
- A (Queen's Surreys) Company, Farnham, Surrey (from 3 PWRR)
- B (Queen's Regiment) Company, Edgeware, Greater London (from LONDONS)
- Machine-Gun Platoon, Hornsey, Greater London ^^
- C (Cosham) Company, Portsmouth, Hampshire (new formed)
- No.9 (Rifle) Platoon, Southampton, Hampshire
- D (Royal Sussex) Company, Crawley, Sussex (new formed)
In September 2018 the battalion saw their first overseas deployment to the Kingdom of Denmark to train with their reserve counterparts of the Royal Danish Army. Currently the battalion is paired with 1 PWRR when they are based in the United Kingdom (currently in Cyprus).
Citations[edit | edit source]
- Army Secretariat, Information on the Army 2020 Refine (pdf), 2017, Retrieved 11 January 2019
- Summary of Army 2020 reserve structure and basing changes (pdf), Archived on 3 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine, Retrieved 11 January 2020
- British Army, The Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment.
- Army Reserve Map
- The Portsmouth News, New boss of Portsmouth army reserve unit says fresh training will make squad a fiercer fighting force, 31 January 2019, Retrieved 11 January 2020
- British Army, First overseas exercise for 4 PWRR, 18 September 2018, Retrieved 11 January 2020
- The Army Tigers, 4th Battalion, the Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment.