The 4th Special Forces Helicopter Regiment (French language: 4e Régiment d'Hélicoptères des Forces Spéciales) (4e RHFS) is a special operations unit of the French Army Light Aviation. It is part of the Army Special Forces Brigade which is under the control of the special operations command. It is based in Pau.
The 4e RHFS provides air support to French special forces. It was created in 1997. Its mission is to transport and support French special forces anywhere in the world.
Organization[edit | edit source]
- Regimental HQ
- Transport Helicopter Squadron
- Armed Helicopter Squadron
See also[edit | edit source]
- Italian 26th R.E.O.S. Special Operations Helicopter Unit
- U.S. 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment - Night Stalkers
- Australian 171st Aviation Squadron
- British Joint Special Forces Aviation Wing
- Canadian 427 Special Operations Aviation Squadron
[edit | edit source]
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|