|4th Technical & Administrative Services Brigade (Reserve)|
Unit Seal of the 4th Technical & Administrative Services Brigade (Reserve)
|Branch||Armed Forces of the Philippines|
|Allegiance||Republic of the Philippines|
|Role||Combat Support and Combat Service Support, SAR and CSAR, Disaster Relief and Rehabilitation Operations, Civil-Military Operations and Civil-military Co-operations, Spec-Ops|
|Size||5 Technical & Administrative Reserve Groups and 1 Headquarters & Headquarters Service Company|
|Part of||Under the AFP Reserve Command Technical Services Reserve Group|
|Nickname|| * "FOURTH TAS"|
|Motto|| "Pax et Unitas"|
The 4th Technical & Administrative Services Brigade (Reserve) known officially as Fourth TAS, is one of seven TAS units of the Technical Services Reserve Group of the AFP Reserve Command, and is based in Puerto Princesa. The unit provides combat support and service support services to AFP Reserve Force Maneuver Units operating within the areas West of the Philippines which include areas handled by the AFP Western Command.
Being a technical unit means the unit must rely on force protection assistance from maneuver units within its AOR and that it provides engineering, medical, legal, and religious services required by these AFP Reserve Force Maneuver Units.
- Base for expansion of the Regular Force in the event of war, invasion or rebellion within its AOP.
- Assist the Government in Relief and Rescue Operations in the event of Calamities or Disasters.
- Assist the Government in Socio-economic development and environmental concerns.
- Assist in the operation & maintenance of essential government and private utilies (e.g. power, telecommunications, water).
The Commissioned Officer CorpsEdit
Officers of the 4TASBDE, AFPRESCOM are directly commissioned through AFP Circular Nr. 4 and 6 and may come from any of the following professions:
- Lawyers and Paralegal Specialists (Judge Advocate General Service)
- Medical Doctors (Medical Corps)
- Nurses (Nurse Corps)
- Dentists (Dental Service)
- Veterinarians (Veterinary Corps)
- Licensed Teachers (Corps of Professors)
- Allied Medical, Business, and Mass Communication Specialists (Medical Administrative Corps)
- Licensed Engineers (Corps of Engineers)
- Ordained Chaplains (Chaplain Service)
The following are the units that are presently placed under operational control of the 4th Technical & Administrative Services Brigade (Reserve).
- 401st Technical & Administrative Services Group (Reserve)
- 402nd Technical & Administrative Services Group (Reserve)
- 403rd Technical & Administrative Services Group (Reserve)
- 404th Technical & Administrative Services Group (Reserve)
- 405th Technical & Administrative Services Group (Reserve)
- ↑ "AFP reservists to help LGUs in disaster response - Philippines | ReliefWeb". reliefweb.int. http://reliefweb.int/report/philippines/afp-reservists-help-lgus-disaster-response. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
- ↑ "Philippines: Dellosa directs AFP Tap reservists in Bayanihan plan | Media & Tech, World | GroundReport.com – Latest World News & Opinions". groundreport.com. http://groundreport.com/philippines-dellosa-directs-afp-tap-reservists-in-bayanihan-plan/. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
- General Orders activating 4th TAS Brigade of the AFP Reserve Command.
- AFPRESCOM Official Site
- The AFPRESCOM Training Group, AFP-MOT Manual, 2001, AFPRESCOM.