|500th (RESCUE 5) Search and Rescue Group (Reserve)|
|Branch||Philippine Air Force|
|Allegiance||Republic of the Philippines|
|Active||July 10, 2013 - Present|
|Role||Combat Search and Rescue, Urban Search and Rescue, Search and Rescue, Civil-military operations, Civil-Military Co-operation|
|Size||200+ Reserve Airmen and Airwomen|
|Part of||Air Force Reserve Command|
|Nickname|| * Rescue 5
The 500th (RESCUE 5) Search and Rescue Group (Reserve), is an affiliated combat-support and Search and Rescue unit under the Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC), Philippine Air Force. Its headquarters offices are located inside the Alagang Kapatid Foundation Compound in Quirino Highway, Novaliches, Quezon City.
On July 10, 2013, officers of the Philippine Air Force lead by the CGPAF - Lt General Lauro Catalino Dela Cruz, and TV 5 CEO Noel Lorenza signed a memorandum of agreement confirming the appointment of TV 5's corporate social responsibility arm "Rescue 5" to be an affiliate reserve unit of the Air Force. It was done in an official ceremony held at the Hall of Flags in Villamor Air Base.
The mission of the 500th (Rescue 5) SARG(R) is:
- Prepare its units in supporting the Philippine Air Force in the event of war, invasion, or rebellion.
- Conduct Rescue and Relief operations during National and Local Emergencies.
- Provide assistance in support of the socio-economic development of its AOR.
- News article about the MOA signing and activation of the 500th SARG(R).
- Training Director, Philippine Air Force MOT Manual, 2000, OA8.