|504 Squadron (Portugal)|
| File:Dassault Falcon 50, Portugal - Air Force JP6405947.jpg|
Dassault Falcon 50 of 504 Squadron
|Branch||Portuguese Air Force|
|Active||January 12, 1985|
|Part of||Operational Group 61|
|Motto||«Entre gente remota edificaram»|
|Commanders||Lt. Col. Sérgio Lino de Almeida Estrela|
504 Squadron "Linces" (Esquadra 504) is a special transport squadron of the Portuguese Air Force (PoAF). The unit operates the Dassault Falcon 50, and is based at Air Base No. 6, in the Montijo Municipality, and also operates from the Lisbon Portela Airport.
The squadron is responsible for VIP transport of high level government officials, medical evacuation, urgent transport of human organs for transplant, and verification and calibration of navigational aids.
The squadron was officially formed on January 12, 1985, at Air Base No. 6 (Portuguese language:Base Aérea Nº 6 , BA6) upon the purchase of three Dassault Falcon 20, from Federal Express in 1984, for the transport of high level officials of the Portuguese government.
Two Dassault Falcon 50 were later acquired in 1989 and one more was purchased in 1991 to reinforce the squadron's aircraft fleet.
- Dassault Falcon 20DC (1984—2005) One airworthy kept in storage for possible reactivation
- Dassault Falcon 50 (1989—current)
- Air transports of heads of state and government
- Air medical services
- Portuguese Air Force
- List of aircraft of the Portuguese Air Force
- Official website (Portuguese)
- Squadron information page, Portuguese Air Force website (Portuguese)
- History and Mission of 504 Squadron, documentary video produced by the Portuguese Air Force (Portuguese)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|