The 505th Brigade (505. Bužimska brigada) / (505th Bužim Brigade) was part of the 5th Corps under the command of then Brigadier General (now Lieutenant General) Atif Dudakovic. The 505th brigade was honored by the late president of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Alija Izetbegović, as the most elite brigade during the Bosnian War because of its many successful victories.
The Brigade was commanded by Izet Nanić.
The 505th Brigade was also famous for its use of Takbir during wartime.
Reorganized Units[edit | edit source]
The brigade was reorganized and these units were added:
- 1. Detachment TO Bužim
- 2. Detachment TO Bužim
- 3. Detachment TO Bužim
- Special Forces Unit "Hamze"
- Special Forces Unit "Gazije"
- Independent Units from the detachment TO Bužim
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Bejdo Felić: 5th Corps 1992 - 1995
- Dr. N. Thomas & K. Mikulan - The Yugoslav Wars 2
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|