|5070th Air Defense Wing|
|Branch||United States Air Force|
The 5070th Air Defense Wing is a discontinued United States Air Force organization. Its last assignment was with the Alaskan Air Command, being stationed at Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska. It was discontinued on 1 October 1961.
History[edit | edit source]
Lineage[edit | edit source]
- Designated as the 5070th Air Defense Wing and organized on 1 August 1960
- Discontinued on 1 October 1961
Assignments[edit | edit source]
- Alaskan Air Command, 1 August 1960 - 1 October 1961
Components[edit | edit source]
- 317th Fighter Interceptor Squadron, 25 August 1960 - 1 October 1961
Stations[edit | edit source]
- Elmendorf AFB, Alaska, 1 August 1960 - 1 October 1961
Operations[edit | edit source]
Organized August 1960 after inactivation of 10th Air Division. Mission was air defense of Alaska south of the Alaska Range.
Discontinued 1 October 1961, with components coming under other AAC units.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Maurer, Maurer (1983). Air Force Combat Units Of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.
- Ravenstein, Charles A. (1984). Air Force Combat Wings Lineage and Honors Histories 1947-1977. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-912799-12-9.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|