|54th Guards Order of Kutuzov Rocket Division|
|Active||25 June 1960|
Soviet Union (1960–91)|
Russia (since 1991)
|Branch||Strategic Rocket Forces|
|Part of||27th Guards Missile Army|
|HQ location||Teykovo, Ivanovo Oblast|
|Decorations||Order of Kutuzov|
54th Guards Order of Kutuzov Rocket Division (Russian: 54-я гвардейская ордена Кутузова ракетная дивизия) is a strategic rocket division under command of the 27th Guards Missile Army of the Strategic Rocket Forces of Russia headquartered at Teykovo in Ivanovo Oblast.
The 197th Rocket Engineer Brigade was formed on 20 June 1960 on the base of the 27th Separate Guards Artillery Brigade. It was initially under the 46th Artillery Range Administration, but from 10.3.61 under the 3rd Independent Guards Missile Corps. It comprised the 594th, 602nd, 604th, and 621st Rocket Regiments. In May 1961 the Brigade was reorganized into the 54th Guards Order of Kutuzov Missile Division with Headquarters in the small town of Teykovo.
Since 1961, the 54th Division has performed 36 training launches.
On 27 November 1999 one of the regiments within the 54th Division received an honorable title Ivanovo.
In December 2006, the 54th Division became the first one to receive a mobile version of the RT-2PM2 (SS-27) missile.
In 2010, the 54th Division became the first unit to receive the RS-24 missile.
- 1960–1965: Major General Boris E. Zbraylov
- 1965–1969: Major General Anatoly V. Leshin
- 1969–1974: Major General Vladimir P. Shilovsky
- 1974–1976: Major General Igor B. Urlin
- 1976–1983: Major General Ivan I. Oleynik
- 1983–1987: Major General Fedor A. Byakin
- 1987–1992: Major General Viktor P. Cherenov
- 1992–1994: Major General Vasili S. Rudenko
- 1994–1997: Major General Leonid E. Sinyakovich
- 1997–1999: Major General Pavel A. Chistopolsky
- 1999–2007: Major General Yuri A. Pchelintsev
- 2007-2010: Colonel Igor R. Fazletdinov
- Since 2010: Colonel Oleg L. Glazunov
- 1962—1977: R-16U;
- 1968—1975: UR-100;
- 1971—1991: UR-100K;
- Since 1988: RT-2PM;
- Since 10 December 2006: RT-2PM.
- Since 2009: RS-24
- Holm, 54th Guards Order of Kutuzov Missile Division, accessed September 2010
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|