|55th Mixed Aviation Division|
|Branch||Soviet Air Forces|
|Battles||World War II|
The division was formed on 25 February 1941 in the Leningrad Military District.
It formed part of the 'operational army' from 22.06.1941 to 07.03.1942.
On 22.06.1941 the division headquarters was in Petrozavodsk. The formation of the division was not completed, and it consisted of only the 72nd High-Speed Bomber Aviation Regiment, which was composed of 34 serviceable Tupolev SB fast medium bombers. On 27 June 1941, the division was reinforced by 33 I-16s of the 155th Fighter Aviation Regiment. It operated from the beginning of the war in the area of Lake Ladoga and Byelomorsk. On 25 July 1941 the division made a raid on Finland, losing one flight of nine planes, one of them knocked her. In general, the division launched strikes against ground forces of the enemy and provided air support to Soviet troops.
At the end of August 1941 the division included 88 serviceable and 15 defective aircraft.
The division was disbanded on 7 March 1942.
- 72nd Bomber Aviation Regiment (22.06.1941-07.03.1942)
- 65th Assault Aviation Regiment ( July 1941-October 1941) (Assault Aviation Regiment)
- 31st High-Speed Bomber Aviation Regiment (probably from September-6 December 1941)
- 155th Fighter Aviation Regiment (27.06.1941 - 23.11.1941)
- 197th Fighter Aviation Regiment (24.07.1941 - October 1941)
- 427th Fighter Aviation Regiment (from 29.10.1941)
- 524th Fighter Aviation Regiment (from 13.10.1941)
- 119th Separate Reconnaissance Aviation Squadron
- 2nd GVF Detachment (2-й авиационный гидроотряд гражданского воздушного флота)
|Date||Front (Military District)||Army||Corps||Notes|
|22.06.1941||Northern Front||7th Army||-||-|
|10.07.1941||Northern Front||7th Army||-||-|
|01.08.1941||Northern Front||7th Army||-||-|
|01.10.1941||-||7th Separate Army||-||-|
|01.11.1941||-||7th Seprate Army||-||-|
|01.12.1941||-||7th Separate Army||-||-|
|01.01.1942||-||7th Separate Army||-||-|
|01.02.1942||-||7th Separate Army||-||-|
|01.03.1942||-||7th Separate Army||-||-|
- ↑ "55-я смешанная авиационная дивизия" (in Russian). http://www.allaces.ru/cgi-bin/s2.cgi/sssr/struct/d/sad55.dat.
- Inozemtsev, Ivan G. Крылатые защитники Севера [Winged Defenders of the North]. Мoscow: Voenizdat, 1975.
- Перечень No.6 кавалерийских, танковых, воздушно-десантных дивизий и управлений артиллерийских, зенитно-артиллерийских, миномётных, авиационных и истребительных дивизий, входивших в состав Действующей армии в годы Великой Отечественной войны 1941-1945 гг. [List No.6 Cavalry, Armored, Airborne Divisions and offices of the Artillery, Anti-aircraft Artillery, Mortars, Aircraft and Fighter Divisions that were part of the Arm in the Great Patriotic War]
- Entry at allaces.ru
- Leningrad VVS Order of Battle
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|