|5th Anti-Aircraft Missile Division (1979–85)|
15th Anti-Aircraft Missile Brigade (1985–93)
5th Anti-Aircraft Missile Division (1993–2017)
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Branch||People's Liberation Army Air Force|
|Garrison/HQ||Langfang, Hebei province|
The 5th Anti-Aircraft Missile Division of the Air Force (Chinese: 空军地空导弹第5师) (2nd formation) was activated on July 1, 1979, in Langfang, Beijing. The division was composed of the 16th, 26th and 27th Anti-aircraft Missile Regiments, being responsible for the anti-air defense of the southern vicinity of Beijing.
On November 5, 1985, the division was reduced to the 15th Anti-Aircraft Missile Brigade of the Air Force (Chinese: 空军地空导弹第15旅).
On December 26, 1993, the brigade was re-expanded to the 5th Anti-Aircraft Missile Division of the Air Force (Chinese: 空军地空导弹第5师).
Composition (2010)[edit | edit source]
5th Anti-Aircraft Missile Division – Langfang, Hebei
- 3rd Anti-Aircraft Missile Regiment – Laishui County, Hebei
- 10th Anti-Aircraft Missile Regiment – Huolu, Hebei
- 13th Anti-Aircraft Missile Regiment – Tongzhou District, Beijing
References[edit | edit source]
- 中国空军地空导弹第五师, http://www.dser.com/lslt/tanke01/201410/00002283.html
- 全国空军地址、番号大全, http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_6fb3077d0101o956.html
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|