|633d Special Operations Wing|
Emblem of the 633d Special Operations Wing
|Branch||United States Air Force|
The 633d Special Operations Wing is an inactive United States Air Force unit. Its last assignment was with the Seventh Air Force stationed at Pleiku Air Base, South Vietnam. It was inactivated on 15 March 1970.
Engaged in special operations combat during the Vietnam War in Southeast Asia, including close air support, air escort, day and night interdiction, and visual and photographic reconnaissance, July 1968 -November 1969
- Established as 633d Special Operations Wing, and activated, on 9 July 1968
- Organized on 15 July 1968.
- Inactivated on 15 March 1970
- 6th Air Commando (later: Special Operations) Squadron, 15 July 1968 – 15 November 1969
- 633d Combat Support Group, 15 July 1968- 15 March 1970.
- Pleiku Air Base, South Vietnam, 9 July 1968 – 15 March 1970
- Douglas A-1 Skyraider, 1968-1969
- Ravenstein, Charles A. (1984). Air Force Combat Wings Lineage and Honors Histories 1947-1977. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-912799-12-9.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|