|It has been suggested that this article be merged into [[::352d Tactical Fighter Squadron|352d Tactical Fighter Squadron]]. (Discuss) Proposed since September 2013.|
|652d Bombardment Squadron|
Emblem of the 652d Bombardment Squadron
|Branch||United States Army Air Force|
|Engagements||World War II|
History[edit | edit source]
Lineage[edit | edit source]
- Constituted 652d Bombardment Squadron (Heavy, Weather Reconnaissance) on 17 July 1944
- Activated on 9 August 1944.
- Inactivated on 19 December 1945.
Assignments[edit | edit source]
- 25th Bombardment Group (Reconnaissance), 9 August 1944
- 1st Air Division, 13 July 1945
- 3d Air Division, 25 August 1945
- 1st Air Division, 1 September 1945
- 3d Air Division, 12 October 1945
- VIII Fighter Command, 1 November-19 December 1945
- Attached to: 325th Reconnaissance Wing, 6 January-12 October 1945
Stations[edit | edit source]
- RAF Watton, England, 9 August 1944
- RAF Alconbury, England, 13 July 1945
- RAF Raydon, England, 25 October– December 1945
- Camp Kilmer, New Jersey, C. 17–19 December 1945.
Aircraft[edit | edit source]
Operations[edit | edit source]
Weather reconnaissance in ETO, 10 August 1944 – 26 September 1945.
References[edit | edit source]
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.