|65th Rifle Division|
|Decorations||Order of Suvorov 2nd class|
It fought in World War II. Poirer and Connor say it was established at Chita in February 1941. Began Barbarossa with the 12th Rifle Corps, Transbaikal Military District. Fought near Leningrad and in the Petsamo-Kirkenes Operation.
The division included the following units.
- 38th Rifle Regiment
- 60th Rifle Regiment
- 311th Rifle Regiment
- 6th Guards Artillery Regiment (former 127th Artillery Regiment)
- 172nd Howitzer Artillery Regiment (to 28 January 1942)
- 167th Separate Anti-Tank Battalion
- 367th Anti-Aircraft Artillery Battery (former 350th Separate Anti-Aircraft Artillery Battalion)
- 23rd Reconnaissance Company
- Ski Battalion (from 13 October 1942 to 10 April 1943)
- 74th Sapper Battalion
- 104th Separate Communications Battalion (former 782nd Separate Communications Company)
- 54th Medical Battalion
- 210th Separate Chemical Defence Company
- 230th Motor Transport Company
- 163rd Field Bakery (former 95th Field Mobile Bakery)
- 199th Divisional Veterinary Hospital
- 41st Divisional Artillery Workshop
- 98th Field Post Office
- 281st Field Cash Office of the State Bank
- ↑ Combat composition of the Soviet Army, 1941, p. 20.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "65 СТРЕЛКОВАЯ ДИВИЗИЯ" (in Russian). http://bdsa.ru/strelkovye-divizii/4979-65-strelkovaya-diviziya.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|