The 7.5x54mm French round was the main French service ammunition in use from 1929 (when it began to replace the innovative but obsolete 8x50R Lebel) until the late 1980s (when the last MAS Mle.1949/56 was retired from French service). The Mle. 1929 round was similar to and predicted the later 7.62x51mm NATO.
Weapons chambered for 7.5×54mm MASEdit
- MAS-36 rifle
- MAS-49 and FSA MAS 49/56 rifles
- Darne aircraft machine gun
- MAC 1934 aircraft machine gun
- FN-Browning mle 38 aircraft machine gun
- "Military and Machine Gun Cartridges", Jean Huon, 1988, Ironside International Pub., Inc, Alexandria,VA, ISBN 0-935554-05-X,
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.