|8th Air Corps (Germany)|
Flag of a commanding general of a Fliegerkorps
|Active||19 July 1939 – 26 January 1945|
|Commanders||Wolfram Freiherr von Richthofen|
VIII. Fliegerkorps[Notes 1] (8th Air Corps) was formed 19 July 1939 in Oppeln as Fliegerführer z.b.V. The abbreviation z.b.V. is German and stands for zur besonderen Verwendung (for special deployment). Fliegerführer z.b.V was renamed to VIII. Fliegerkorps on 10 November 1939. The Corps was also known as Luftwaffenkommando Schlesien between 25 January 1945 and 2 February 1945 and was united with Luftgau-Kommando VIII on 28 April 1945 and redesignated Luftwaffenkommando VIII.
- Generaloberst (later Generalfeldmarschall ) Wolfram Freiherr von Richthofen, 19 July 1939 – 30 June 1942
- General der Flieger Martin Fiebig, 1 July 1942 – 21 May 1943
- General der Flieger Hans Seidemann, 21 May 1943 – 28 April 1945[Notes 2]
- Caldwell, Donald; Muller Richard (2007). The Luftwaffe Over Germany: Defense of the Reich. Greenhill books. ISBN 978-1-85367-712-0.
- VIII. Fliegerkorps @ Lexikon der Wehrmacht
- VIII. Fliegerkorps @ The Luftwaffe, 1933-45
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|