|96th Military Police Battalion|
Insignia of the battalion
|Branch||United States Army|
|Part of||11th Military Police Brigade|
|Battalion HQ||NWS Seal Beach, Fallbrook Annex, California|
|Motto(s)||"Unity is Our Strength"|
|Battle honours||Iraq War|
- 96th Military Police Battalion
- Headquarters and Headquarters Company, in Naval Weapon Station Seal Beach, Fallbrook Annex, California
- 358th Military Police Company, in Tustin, California
- 63rd Military Police Company, in Riverside, California
- 313th Military Police Detachment, in Las Vegas, Nevada
- 382nd Military Police Detachment, in Naval Weapon Station Seal Beach, Fallbrook Annex, California
Lineage of the battalion to today:
- Constituted 8 June 1945 in the Army of the United States as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 96th Military Police Battalion
- Activated 13 June 1945 in France
- Inactivated 12 November 1945 in Belgium
- Allotted 14 December 1950 in the Regular Army and activated in South Korea
- Inactivated 20 March 1953 in South Korea
- Activated 20 December 1965 at Fort Benning, Georgia
- Inactivated 21 June 1974 in Oakland, California
- 2005 Activated in San Diego, California
- Campaign Participation Credit
- Republic of Korea Presidential Unit Citation, Streamer embroidered KOREA 1950–1952 (Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 96th Military Police Battalion, cited: DA GO 33, 1953)
- Republic of Korea Presidential Unit Citation, Streamer embroidered KOREA 1952–1953 (Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 96th Military Police Battalion, cited DA GO 23, 1954)
- Meritorious Unit Commendation, Streamer embroidered IRAQ 2005-2006 (Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 96th Military Police Battalion, cited: PO 241-14)
- Distinctive Unit Insignia
- Description: A gold insignia consisting of a gold buckle, tongue pointing up, above a green scroll inscribed with the unit's motto in gold letters, "Unity is Our Strength".
- Symbolism: The buckle stands for fidelity in authority and for security. The colors green and yellow are those used for the Military Police Corps.
- CurrentOps.com. "96th Military Police Battalion" (in en). https://currentops.com/unit/us/army/96-mp-bn.
- "200th MP Units". https://www.usar.army.mil/Commands/Functional/200th-MP-CMD/200th-MP-Units/.
- Wright, p. 102.
- "96th Military Police Battalion Headquarters Headquarters Detachment". https://web.archive.org/web/20150303111757/https://www.koreanwar.org/html/units/96mphq.htm.
- Wright 1992, p. 102.
- Wright, Robert K. Jr. (1992). Military Police. Army Lineage Series. Washington, DC: Center of Military History, U.S. Army. https://history.army.mil/html/books/060/60-9-1/cmhPub_60-9-1.pdf. This article incorporates text from this source, which is in the public domain.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|