|9 South African Division|
9th Division emblem
|Branch||South African Army|
|9 Division Command Bar|
|9 Division Beret badge|
9 SA Division was established in 1992 in Cape Town when the SA Army abandoned the conventional order of battle used for field divisions. 9 SA Division was a balanced mix of all the arms and services required in modern conventional warfare with the accent on long range mobility and great fire-power. 9 SA Division typically had:
- Armoured Car Regiments.
- Motorised Infantry Battalions transported in 'Buffels'.
- Three Artillery Regiments equipped with G5 or G6 or the 140mm (5.5 inch). Howitzers.
- Two Anti-Aircraft Regiments armed with a combination of 20mm and 35mm towed artillery. In 9 Divisions case, Cape Garrison Artillery(35mm) and 7 Light Anti-Aircraft Regiment(20mm).
- An Engineer Regiment.
- Necessary supporting service units.
- ↑ http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/South_African_tanks.php
- ↑ http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6702:7-sa-division&catid=79:fact-files&Itemid=159
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|