|9e Brigade d'Infanterie de Marine|
|Motto(s)||Semper et Ubique ("Always and Everywhere")|
In July 1963, the 9e Marine Infantry Division was created in Bretagne. On 1 January 1976, the 9th Division became the 9th Marine Infantry Division (9e division d'Infanterie de Marine, 9e DIMa), attached to the land intervention force, then the Rapid Action Force from 1983. On 1 July 1999, the 9th Marine Infantry Division became the 9th Marine Light Armoured Brigade. On 1 January 2013, the unit was renamed 9th Marine Infantry Brigade (French language: 9e Brigade d'Infanterie de Marine, 9e BIMa).
- Headquarters in Poitiers
- 5 regiments:
- Régiment d'Infanterie Chars de Marine (RICM) Armoured Marine Infantry Regiment (light cavalry) in Poitiers with AMX 10 RC and ERC 90
- 2e Régiment d'Infanterie de Marine (2e RIMa) Marine Infantry Regiment in Le Mans equipped with VBCI
- 3e Régiment d'Infanterie de Marine (3e RIMa) Marine Infantry Regiment in Vannes equipped with VAB
- 11e Régiment d'Artillerie de Marine (11e RAMa) Marine Artillery Regiment in Saint-Aubin-du-Cormier with TRF1 howitzers, CAESAR self-propelled howitzers and RTF1 mortars
- 6e Régiment du Génie (6e RG) Engineer Regiment in Angers
- Three support companies, assigned to the regiments:
- 1 Compagnie de Commandement et de transmissions (headquarters and signals company): 9e CCTMa.
- 1 Escadron d'Éclairage et d'Investigation (Reconnaissance and Intelligence company) : EEI 9/RICM, assigned to the RICM.
- 1 Batterie de Renseignement Brigade (Intelligence battery): 9/11e BRB RAMA assigned to 11e RAMa.
- (French) 
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|