|Abdul Ghaffar Mahmud|
|Born||1933 or 1934|
Pakistan Air Force|
Bangladesh Air Force
Air Vice Marshal|
|Awards||Order of the Rising Sun|
He was a transport pilot of the Douglas C-47 Skytrain transport airlift aircraft in the Pakistan Air Force. During the Liberation War he was posted as a Wing Commander in the high altitude region of Gilgit. He was the chief of Bangladesh Air Force from 5 September 1976 to 8 December 1977. In 1977 he negotiated with the Japanese Red Army who had hijacked Japan Airlines Flight 472 and landed the flight in Dhaka Airport. He worked to get the hostages freed.
- My Destiny-Autobiography.
- "Former Bangladesh Air Force chief AG Mahmud to receive Japan Imperial Decoration". 1 May 2017. http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2017/05/01/former-bangladesh-air-force-chief-ag-mahmud-to-receive-japan-imperial-decoration.
- Saha, Ujjal Kumer. "Special Essay "Revisiting Dhaka 29 Years after the Hijack"". Embassy of Japan in Bangladesh. http://www.bd.emb-japan.go.jp/en/eBulletin/51e-bulletin080606.html. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- "Former COAS – Bangladesh Air Force". http://www.baf.mil.bd/?page_id=39. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- "INTERVIEW: Rebecca Shatwell – AV Festival". http://narcmagazine.com/interview-rebecca-shatwell-av-festival/. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- "Bangladesh's 7/16". The Daily Star. 3 July 2016. http://www.thedailystar.net/city/dhaka-attack-bangladeshs-716-1249255. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- Chowdhury, Zaglul Ahmed. "An Important document of a crucial phrase". The Financial Express. http://print.thefinancialexpress-bd.com/2013/12/06/7472/print. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
Air Vice Marshal Khademul Bashar
|Chief of Air Staff
1977 – 1981
Air Vice Marshal Sadruddin Mohammad Hossain
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|