|Abul Kalam Azad|
|Born||30 October 1971|
|Died||31 March 2017(aged 45)|
|Place of birth||Chapai Nawabganj|
|Place of death||Combined Military Hospital, Dhaka|
|Years of service||June 7, 1996 – 31 March 2017|
|Unit||East Bengal Regiment|
Early life and education[edit | edit source]
Career[edit | edit source]
In Army[edit | edit source]
During his time in the army he served in different posts including IO, Adjutant and Quartermaster with the 6th East Bengal Regiment. He also worked in different important posts at the army headquarters, administrative office, 1st Para Commando Battalion and 19th East Bengal Regiment.
In RAB[edit | edit source]
He had been deputed to the paramilitary Rapid Action as commanding officer in Rab-12 from October 26, 2011. He served as a deputy director in the intelligence wing (TFI Cell) of Rab Headquarters from December 31, 2011 to December 7, 2013. He was promoted to the post of director in the intelligence wing in the same year. In 27 January 2016 he awarded the Bangladesh Police Medal.
On 25 March 2017 he was critically injured in a bomb attack while taking part in Operation Twilight. He was flown to Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore for better treatment the next day. Later he was flown back to Dhaka. On 31 March 2017 he died at Combined Military Hospital (CMH) in Dhaka.
References[edit | edit source]
- "RAB intelligence chief flown to Singapore hospital". http://en.prothom-alo.com/bangladesh/news/143467/RAB-intelligence-chief-flown-to-Singapore-hospital. Retrieved 29 March 2017.
- "PM seeks global support to shift Myanmar refugees". http://en.prothom-alo.com/bangladesh/news/139723/PM-seeks-global-support-to-shift-Myanmar-refugees. Retrieved 29 March 2017.
- "Sylhet blast: Injured Rab Intel chief Azad dies". 2017-03-30. Archived from the original on 2017-03-30. https://web.archive.org/web/20170330210902/http://www.thedailystar.net/city/sylhet-blast-rab-intelligence-chief-passes-away-1384225.
- "RAB intelligence chief Azad dies from Sylhet blast injuries - bdnews24.com". 2017-03-31. Archived from the original on 2017-03-31. https://web.archive.org/web/20170331191534/http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2017/03/31/rab-intelligence-chief-azad-dies-from-sylhet-blast-injuries.
- "RAB intelligence chief Azad dies from Sylhet blast injuries - bdnews24.com". 2017-03-31. Archived from the original on 2017-03-31. https://web.archive.org/web/20170331191522/http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2017/03/31/rab-intelligence-chief-azad-dies-from-sylhet-blast-injuries.
- "102 police personnel get awards for service excellence". http://www.observerbd.com/2016/01/27/133203.php. Retrieved 29 March 2017.
- "RAB intelligence chief injured in Sylhet blasts airlifted to Dhaka". http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2017/03/26/rab-intelligence-chief-injured-in-sylhet-blasts-airlifted-to-dhaka. Retrieved 28 March 2017.
- "Injured Rab intel chief flown to Singapore" (in en). 26 March 2017. http://www.thedailystar.net/city/injured-rab-intel-chief-be-flown-singapore-1381645. Retrieved 29 March 2017.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|