|Dr. jur. Adolf Baum|
|Born||October 28, 1916|
|Died||4 December 1942(aged 26)|
|Place of birth||Friedberg (now Frymburk)|
|Place of death||Kraków, Poland|
|Years of service||1937–1942|
|Unit||Flak-Regiment 37 (mot.)|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Dr. jur. Adolf Baum[Note 1] (28 October 1916 – 4 December 1942) was a highly decorated Oberleutnant in the Luftwaffe during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Adolf Baum was wounded during the Battle of Stalingrad and died from his wounds on 4 December 1942 in Kraków. He was posthumously awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 21 December 1942.
Awards and decorations[edit | edit source]
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class
- 1st Class
- Wound Badge
- in Black
- Anti-Aircraft Flak Battle Badge
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 21 December 1942 as Oberleutnant and Batterie-Führer of Flak-Regiment 37 (motorisiert) 
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In German a Doctor of Law is abbreviated as Dr. iur. (Doctor iuris) or Dr. jur. (Doctor juris).
References[edit | edit source]
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 106.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.