|Born||23 July 1893|
|Died||23 October 1947(aged 54)|
|Place of birth||Schwerte|
|Place of death||Belgrade, Yugoslavia|
German Empire (to 1918)|
Weimar Republic (to 1920)
|Years of service||
|Commands held||367. Infanterie-Division|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
|Other work||Police officer|
Adolf Fischer (23 July 1893 – 23 October 1947) was a highly decorated Generalmajor in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Adolf Fischer was captured by Yugoslavian troops in May 1945. He was charged with war crimes and executed by hanging on 23 October 1947.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class (25 May 1916)
- 1st Class (10 June 1920)
- Knight's Cross Second Class of the Order of the Zähringer Lion with Swords (21 May 1917)
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (21 May 1940)
- 1st Class (20 July 1941)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black (25 July 1941)
- Infantry Assault Badge
- Eastern Front Medal (18 July 1942)
- German Cross in Gold (19 January 1942)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 4 May 1944 as Oberst and commander of Grenadier-Regiment 459
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 151.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000)  (in German). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 — Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches]. Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001) (in German). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2]. Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall. ISBN 978-3-931533-45-8.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007) (in German). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives]. Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- World War 2 Awards.com
- Adolf Fischer @ Axis Biographical Research at the Wayback Machine (archived November 16, 2010)
Generalmajor Georg Zwade
|Commander of 367. Infanterie-Division
10 May 1944 – 1 August 1944
Generalleutnant Hermann Hähnle
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|