Adolf Strauß (right)
|Born||6 September 1879|
|Died||20 March 1973(aged 93)|
|Commands held||9th Army|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Adolf Strauß (6 September 1879 – 20 March 1973) was a general in the Wehrmacht of Nazi Germany during World War II. As with all German armies on the Eastern Front, Strauß's 9th Army implemented the criminal Commissar Order. As commander of the II Army Corps, Strauß participated in the German Invasion of Poland. On 30 May 1940, he was appointed commander of the 9th Army in France. Strauß participated in Operation Barbarossa with Army Group Centre. In January 1942 he was replaced in command of the 9th Army by Walter Model following the initial breakthrough of the Soviet forces during commencement of the Rzhev Battles. He died on 20 March 1973 in Lübeck.
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 27 October 1939 as General der Infanterie and commanding general of the II. Armeekorps
- Stahel 2015, p. 28.
- Ian Kershaw Hitler 1936–1945: Nemesis 2001 0141925817 "Within the following three weeks Generals Helmuth Förster, Hans Graf von Sponeck, Erich Hoepner, and Adolf Strauß were sacked, FieldMarshal von Leeb was relieved of his command of Army Group North, and FieldMarshal von Reichenau died ...
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 414.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000)  (in German). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 — Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtteile. Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Mitcham, SW (2010) : Men of Barbarossa ISBN 978-1-935149-15-6
- Stahel, David (2015). The Battle for Moscow. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-1-107-08760-6.
|Commander of 22. Infanterie-Division
15 October 1935 – 10 November 1938
Generalleutnant Hans Graf von Sponeck
|Commander of II. Armeekorps
September 1939 – 30 April 1940
General der Infanterie Carl-Heinrich von Stülpnagel
|Commander of 9. Armee
30 May 1940 – 14 January 1942
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|