December 23, 1920|
New York City, U.S.
January 19, 2000 (aged 79)|
Port Jefferson, New York, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||June North (?–2000) (his death) (two daughters)|
Alan North (December 23, 1920 – January 19, 2000) was an American actor.
Biography[edit | edit source]
North was born in Bronx, New York, and joined the United States Navy during the Second World War. After the war, he became a stage manager and made his Broadway debut in 1955 in Plain and Fancy.
His film career included roles in Plaza Suite (1971), Serpico (1973), The Formula (1980), Trackdown: Finding the Goodbar Killer (1983), Thief of Hearts (1984), Highlander (1986), Act of Vengeance (1986), Billy Galvin (1986), The Fourth Protocol (1987), Lean on Me (1989), See No Evil, Hear No Evil (1989), Glory (1989) and The Long Kiss Goodnight (1996), but he is best remembered for playing Captain Ed Hocken in the 1982 television series Police Squad!. His last stage performance was in 1999 in Lake Hollywood.
Partial filmography[edit | edit source]
- Unholy Matrimony (1966) - Mr. M. - First Swinging Husband (uncredited)
- Plaza Suite (1971) - Mr. Eisler
- Bordellet (1972) - Julius' ældste søn
- Serpico (1973) - Brown
- ...And Justice for All (1979) - Deputy Sheriff
- The Formula (1980) - John Nolan, Chief of Tactical Squad LAPD
- Trackdown: Finding the Goodbar Killer (1983) - Lieutenant Walter Belden
- Thief of Hearts (1984) - Sweeney
- Highlander (1986) - Lieutenant Frank Moran
- Act of Vengeance (1986) - Albert Pass
- Billy Galvin (1986) - George
- The Christmas Star (1986) - Captain Whittaker
- The Fourth Protocol (1987) - General Govorshin
- Rachel River (1987) - Beske
- Lean on Me (1989) - Mayor Don Bottman
- See No Evil, Hear No Evil (1989) - Braddock
- Penn & Teller Get Killed (1989) - Old Cop
- Glory (1989) - Gov. John Albion Andrew
- Crazy People (1990) - Judge
- Twenty Bucks (1993) - Bruce Adams
- The Jerky Boys (1995) - Micky Crump
- Cafe Society (1995) - Frank Hogan
- The Long Kiss Goodnight (1996) - Earl
- I'm Not Rappaport (1996) - Grocery Customer
- Abilene (1999) - Jarvisn Brown
- I'll Take You There (1999) - Max (final film role)
References[edit | edit source]
- "Alan North, 79, Character Actor On Stage, Screen and Television". New York Times. The New York Times Company. 6 February 2000. p. 39. ISSN 0362-4331. https://www.nytimes.com/2000/02/06/nyregion/alan-north-79-character-actor-on-stage-screen-and-television.html. Retrieved 11 April 2009.
- "Alan North". Find A Grave. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=15615395. Retrieved October 4, 2012.
[edit | edit source]
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|