|Hatami in 2019|
|Minister of Defense|
|Assumed office |
20 August 2017
|Preceded by||Hossein Dehghan|
|Born||c. 1965/1966 (age 54–55)|
|Alma mater||Officers' Academy|
University of Command and Staff
Supreme National Defense University
|Years of service||1981–present|
Amir Hatami (Persian: امیر حاتمی) is an Iranian regular army (Artesh) officer with the rank of Brigadier general and the current minister of defense of Iran. He was designated as the defense minister by President Hassan Rouhani on 8 August 2017 and gained vote of confidence from the parliament on 20 August 2017, with 261 yes, 10 nays, 13 abstentions and 4 invalid votes.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Hassan Rouhani’s cabinet is complete. Here’s the full list". Tehran Times. 8 August 2017. http://www.tehrantimes.com/news/415767/.
- "Iran: A look at the ‘dark past’ of those in the running for Rouhani’s cabinet". Al Arabiya. 12 August 2017. http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2017/08/11/A-look-at-the-dark-past-of-those-proposed-for-Rouhani-s-Cabinet.html.
- "Almost All Ministers Proposed by Rouhani Receive Vote of Confidence". Iran Front Page. 20 August 2017. http://ifpnews.com/exclusive/almost-ministers-proposed-rouhani-receive-vote-confidence/.
- Raz Zimmt (10 August 2017). "The Second Rouhani Government: Public Demands and Presidential Constraints". The Institute for National Security Studies. http://www.inss.org.il/publication/second-rouhani-government-public-demands-presidential-constraints/.
- "Rouhani proposes Hatami for Defense Ministry". IRNA. 14 August 2017. https://www3.irna.ir/en/News/82631570/.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Category:Amir Hatami.|
|Deputy Minister of Defense
|Minister of Defense
Last known title holder:Mohammad-Hassan Nami
|Intelligence Deputy of the Islamic Republic of Iran Army
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|