|Born||May 12, 1990(age 31)|
A graduate of Bishop Ireton High School in Alexandria, Virginia, Rodriguez started in twelve games as a sophomore for the Black Knights. Prior to his junior season, he suffered a serious back injury which caused him to miss the rest of the season but made a comeback for his senior year, for which he was voted captain by his teammates. He won the 2011 James E. Sullivan Award and the William V. Campbell Trophy.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Andrew Rodriguez - Against The Odds". National Football Foundation. March 1, 2012. http://www.footballfoundation.org/News/NewsDetail/tabid/567/Article/51393/andrew-rodriguez-against-the-odds.aspx.
- "Andrew Rodriguez Wins Sullivan Award". goarmysports.com. United States Military Academy. March 20, 2012. Archived from the original on April 28, 2012. https://web.archive.org/web/20120428214940/http://www.goarmysports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032012aab.html. Retrieved March 21, 2012.
- "Andrew Rodriguez wins 82nd Sullivan". ESPN. March 20, 2012. http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7715752/army-black-knights-linebacker-andrew-rodriguez-wins-sullivan-award.
- "Army player Andrew Rodriguez claims Campbell Trophy". December 7, 2011. http://www.army.mil/article/70381/. Retrieved Dec 7, 2011.
- "MISSION FIRST: Sense Of Duty". goarmysports.com. United States Military Academy. December 19, 2013. http://www.goarmysports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121913aaa.html.
[edit | edit source]
- "Army Black Knights — Football — Bio: Andrew Rodriguez". goarmysports.com. Archived from the original on July 30, 2012. https://web.archive.org/web/20120730100642/http://www.goarmysports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/rodriguez_andrew00.html. Retrieved September 2, 2012.
- "Don't Show Him The Money". Sports Illustrated. May 7, 2012. Archived from the original on May 10, 2012. https://web.archive.org/web/20120510120051/http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1197989/index.htm.
- Rodriguez Wins 2011 Sullivan Award
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|